Show Notes – Episode 34
Unity in Gospel Ministry
Is the team you are leading thriving in gospel unity? Are you leading in the gospel?
Ephesians 1:3-7 “Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”
The gospel will create unity!
1. Modeling Unified, Healthy Leadership
We can’t teach what we don’t model—we can not reproduce what we are not ourselves.
Questions to ask: Am I at peace with people? Is my life in any way characterized by division?
2. Teaching Unified, Healthy Leadership
Focus on the Scripture and what we have in common.
Uniformity does not equal unity! While uniformity is not always negative, when common values are not shared the uniformity is fake. Unity must come first!
3. How does a leader respond when unity is disrupted?
– Reliance on God
– Respond with maturity and honesty
– Propose a reasonable and workable solution
The goal is unity and not victory! Not leading towards unity it not an option.
1. Is our team thriving in unity? Are we modeling healthy leadership before our church?
2. How do we respond when disunity arises?